13 mile Birthday list!
1. Heed: Holy cottonmouth, Batman. I didn’t mind the taste too much, but what did it do to my saliva glands? Sipping in small quantities followed by water is ok, though. Dena, I won’t need the bottles. Thanks, though.
2. LOVE the block shots. Don’t know if they “do” anything, but I wasn’t hungry after two hours of running with no breakfast. Well, not during the run anyway. When I got home, let’s just say I have bits of refrigerator stuck in my teeth. But block shots: yummy dum dum. I have a thing for gelatinous candies. They were like a subtler Turkish Delight. Next long(ish) run, I’ll try the jelly beans.
3. My left foot at times twists on the ground ever so slightly. I figured out why: it wants to land a little more turned out than my right, but I haven’t been letting it. So I’ll be a little less symmetrical.
4. Downhill advice: if you don’t feel up to the whole crazy out of control thing (which is fun, and should be practiced), try saying “doop-y-doop-y-doo” as you gently and smoothly lumber down.
5. I am currently drinking a Yuengling Porter. Very tasty. Thanks for the tip, Viper. I think I need more beer in my life.
6. In case you were wondering what I’m wearing, the answer would be my Loose Dips Sink Chips shirt.
7. And shorts. It’s 76 degrados! Me gusta!
8. There was a dead rabbit on the road today. I took that as a sign, and kept the pace pretty easy. Although I did get a little fartlekish at times.
9. Iris made chili. I’m going to stop typing now.