1. More pics from the Salem Lake 30k from Shannon:
2. Went for a run yesterday. While mentally composing a post about comparing stride length to a bicycle gear (instead of paying attention to the road), I hear a cracking sound. A huge pine tree fell into a yard just as I was passing it. On facebook, Neil had the best comment: “Pounding the ground a little hard, are ya?”
3. Today I ran with the dogs at Mayo Park, the scene of the tick attack. Tito
kept up with the big dogs. Just ran with them at full tilt. That was like three miles! Very proud of the little dude. I had to whoa them up for deer, turkeys, and leaping over terrain. Very fun. I was wearing the very same aqua socks I wore last time.
4. New training plan: I have to run more miles than hours I work.
5. Iris is thinking about running a half marathon every month of 2011. I think it’s a great idea.
6. Barefoot runners are taking over New York Oct 10. There will be a bunch of barefoot celebs there. Unfortunately, this celeb can’t make it. The mountain ain’t gonna come to you, people. Plus I gotta work. And I left New York because there’s a bounty on my head.